3/10/2009

Back to the old days

I have been very busy in the last few days building my own website.



The reason I decided to do this was Google. For me, it is very important that when people search something like “hand painted scarf”, my little etsy store shows up in the first few Google pages.

Well, my etsy shop doesn’t show in the first, middle, or last pages… doesn’t show at all!!! My “page rank” is….. zip. You know when Google says something like “other pages are not shown to avoid duplicates”? Well, that’s where I am.

So, I decided that with my own webpage, I could try to change things. Using weird stuff they call meta tags and what not, I am aiming to show up in Google. Let’s see…

Funny thing is I am enjoying the process a lot. Even though I am using a “user friendly tool”, I am doing some HTML (?!?) I feel I am back being a computer programmer (ahhh, my 20s), and it’s fun!!!

You can see the shot of my homepage above. I will let you guys know when it is up and running.

No comments: