- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (not to be confused with evaporated milk)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
Traditionally, Brazilians used to make brigadeiro in the pan but nowadays most people make them in the microware. In my opinion, you can't tell the difference.
Take a round and tall microwave-safe bowl and put all ingredients inside
- Put in the microwave in high for 3 minutes
- Put in the microwave for 4 more minutes
- Stir vigorously until you get a shiny, homogeneous cream
At this point, the thing is done. You can serve in one of several ways:
- Just wait for the cream to get cold in its own bowl, take a spoon full of the cream and put in your mouth. The rest of the family can do the same. This is the way to serve on movie night with just your immediate family.
- Put in little, cute individual containers and wait until cold. Serve the individual container with little spoons.
- Roll them into little balls, Brazilian party style. The way to do this is to wait for the cream to cool down, smear some butter in your hands, take a little of the cream and roll into a little ball. You can put shredded nuts, shredded chocolate, or even unsweetened cocoa (truffle style) around the ball. Then, put the little ball into a paper container like the ones used for muffins, but much smaller (the ball should be the size of a Ferrero Roucher).